OOC Thread

Long and short stories from the 1984 movie
Lordroel

Re: OOC Thread

Post by Lordroel »

Wolfman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:36 pm That’s right, during the craziness surrounding the Fall of the Rump Soviet Union, they tried nuking Guam, missed, and ate several buckets of Instant Sunshine in return…
But we do now that North Korea has massive underground air bases across North Korea, i doubt they would all been hit and i doubt some of the pilots would wait until the South Koreans arrived, thus some planes could have gotten up and cross the border into Manchuria
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Let’s see if Matt can weigh in on this…
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

Some of the bases were targeted, let's put it that way. Those with MiG-23s and -29s definitely ate a pair of W-78 (100 KT) or W-88 (475 KT).
The difference between diplomacy and war is this: Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so elegantly that they pack for the trip.
War is bringing hell down on that someone.
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Matt Wiser wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:48 am Some of the bases were targeted, let's put it that way. Those with MiG-23s and -29s definitely ate a pair of W-78 (100 KT) or W-88 (475 KT).
So some, maybe close to the FER and Manchuria could have escape ore where not worth targeting.

Also a different question, was the Philippines at war also, ore only allowed the United States use of Subic Bay and Clark Air Base.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

IIRC, the Philippines were a minor combatant on the Allied side.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Wolfman wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:54 pm IIRC, the Philippines were a minor combatant on the Allied side.
So Soviet air raids, spetnatz raids and support for Cominist rebels we could see.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

That sounds about right.

Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Wolfman wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:59 pm That sounds about right.
I can see Ferdinand Marcos using the war to keep his regime going on just until 1989 (with the United States tolerating his regime) when he dies in the presidential palace instead of exile in Hawaii.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Matt, when was Austin, Texas retaken?