Red Gepard: the 2S6/ZSU-30-2 Tunguska

Long and short stories from the 1984 movie
Wolfman

Re: Red Gepard: the 2S6/ZSU-30-2 Tunguska

Post by Wolfman »

TheMann wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:12 am
Wolfman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:15 am
Poohbah wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:29 pm

With their intel officers wondering how the f*** we got there before anyone actually noticed...

One of the legendary moments was when K/3/27 announced their presence in a "secure" part of Dallas when their lead platoon drove through a Motor Rifle Division HQ tent compound...that platoon's tactical call sign became Toro, a sly reference to the Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull...
I’m starting to think that we need a thread devoted to stories about Fifth MarDiv’s moving the front forward twenty miles into Ivan’s rear without prior notice and the havoc they caused in the process…
I dunno how many times (it was a few) that I or somebody in my squadron got called for CAS on a unit and when they told us where we needed to be, the intel officer's comment was something along the lines of "How the fuck did they get THERE?!" Usually right before we went off for the job and often found up we were the cleanup crew or chasing Ivans that was trying to bug out and regroup....
I never had the pleasure of working with 5th MarDiv, unfortunately…
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC