Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

A collection of artwork and photographs created or taken by community members. Image copyright is reserved to the originator.
Bernard Woolley

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

Post by Bernard Woolley »

I was at the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard on Saturday as part of an organised tour. Thought I’d share a few of the pics I took.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Belushi TD

Re: Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

Post by Belushi TD »

I am surprised to see that the QE does not have a turndown at the stern of the flight deck. Is there a reason for that, or is the turndown a USN kind of a thing to make people feel better about trying to land?

Oh, and GREAT freakin pictures!

Belushi TD
Bernard Woolley

From what I’ve seen of the Lightnings landing on her, it’s not something they’d need. The Invincible class didn’t have one either.

And thanks! :D
Bernard Woolley

Have to add a shout-out to Istoria Travel for an excellent day. The day trip I went on in February was also excellent & I'm looking forward to the next one this coming Sunday. I would highly recommend booking with them.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Nice, very nice! Did I see right that you were allowed on board M33?

Did you make it on board WARRIOR too?
Bernard Woolley

Only made it to Mary Rose and Victory. I reckon it would take several days to do the Historic Dockyard properly.
Nathan45

Post by Nathan45 »

When I vacationed in England for a week about 8 years ago, we had 1 spare day I could do whatever I wanted (on the old board I even asked members for recommendations on where to go), instead we ended up spending 2 days at Portsmouth, it really does need at least 2 days to enjoy.
Bernard Woolley

I think I could spend a week in the Dockyard and still not see everything. Then there's the submarine and gunnery museums in Gosport...