The Boys

Good books? Great Films? Good television? Best Music? Or those that really need avoidance? This is where to review and comment on new fact or fiction.
warshipadmin

The Boys

Post by warshipadmin »

Set in a world where the Superheroes aren't all that heroic, this is quite a good series, I've just finished S01 of 3 so far.
Craiglxviii

Re: The Boys

Post by Craiglxviii »

warshipadmin wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:51 pm Set in a world where the Superheroes aren't all that heroic, this is quite a good series, I've just finished S01 of 3 so far.
Be warned. It gets much, MUCH darker. And S01 is pretty dark.
warshipadmin

Post by warshipadmin »

Well bugger, as they say. A breath of fresh air, Stormfront, female non-wimp supe, (a) falls in lurv with Homelander rather unconvincingly, and then (b) gets revealed as the 100 yo wife of Voight's founder and a high up in Nazi society (not a bad plot development) and then (c) gets barbecued by a spoiler. Of the other characters Edgar is rapidly turning into an excellent foe.

It's a shame she's been written out, she was a great contrast to Maeve and Starlight. So that's S2 done and dusted.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

warshipadmin wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:25 pm Well bugger, as they say. A breath of fresh air, Stormfront, female non-wimp supe, (a) falls in lurv with Homelander rather unconvincingly, and then (b) gets revealed as the 100 yo wife of Voight's founder and a high up in Nazi society (not a bad plot development) and then (c) gets barbecued by a spoiler. Of the other characters Edgar is rapidly turning into an excellent foe.

It's a shame she's been written out, she was a great contrast to Maeve and Starlight. So that's S2 done and dusted.
And then S3 happens. Meet Soldier Boy.
warshipadmin

Post by warshipadmin »

There's a spinoff series called Gen V, sort of Buffy meets the Supes. The first 2 episodes are awful, then it kicks into gear and is pretty good from then on, except for S1E6 which is just a massive plotdump. So many plotlines are left dangling at the end (E8) you just know this one is going to S2.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Gen V season 2 was free lit before season 1 released.

So far… The Boys season 4 is making me shit my pants. And I don’t have my shitting pants on.
Last edited by Craiglxviii on Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
warshipadmin

Post by warshipadmin »

Boys S4 got good reviews by the critics but fairly heavily slammed by the amateurs on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll wait for the whole season to finish before watching it.
Last edited by warshipadmin on Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan45

Post by Nathan45 »

It has good and bad moments. Soldier boy I season 3 was awesome.