Will the TBO-Verse return?

Background and non-team-specific information for the simulations
Kendog52361

Will the TBO-Verse return?

Post by Kendog52361 »

I noticed that, in the story sections, the TBO-Verse is missing. I know the author unfortunately died, but I'm honestly not sure how that will/would affect any reposting of the stories. I realize that, if everything from the "middle(?) board" is lost, we're likely to have lost most of the chapters for the introduction/background of Snake, and how she met Parmeneo and company. I'm honestly not even sure if this is the correct section of the website to post this question, but it seemed most appropriate, of what's currently available.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will the TBO-Verse return?

Post by Admin »

It's still there, I think because you only have 1-2 posts you will not see it. I'll check your view and see if that helps.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I don’t see anything there, either, and I’ve got at least a dozen posts, so there’s that.
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Wolfman wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:45 pm I don’t see anything there, either, and I’ve got at least a dozen posts, so there’s that.
It’s top of the Alternate Universes section.
2AF2AABB-AA86-43ED-A5E0-710ABC1ECD2D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I meant inside of that, thank you.
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Wolfman wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:26 pm I meant inside of that, thank you.
Ah. I don’t have anything to post in it yet, we have to try to recover it all. Hence the request.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

What exactly can we bring back?

I didn't really stay up to date on the later TBO stories.
Kendog52361

Post by Kendog52361 »

MKSheppard wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:30 am What exactly can we bring back?

I don't know if he's re-registered on this new Board, but I remember that Theodore, as he was known on the old/middle Board, had copies of most of the unpublished (Amazon Kindle) stories, and uploaded them in "completed format", so you could read through them. There was the story that introduced Igrat's daughter, and also had the "incident" in New York, then several stories dealing with Conrad and Angel's "adventures" in the UK, ranging from Angel and Achillia "starting and finishing a gang war" in Glasgow, to them then working various investigations in England. There was also a story in Rome, where Angel got shot in the stomach, but protected the Pope from being assassinated.

There was also a story starting with the Battle of Culloden, and then dealing with the aftermath, interspersed with a murder mystery, and assassins trying to murder the future Duke of Culloden (I think his title), and having tried to murder the King earlier.

Edit:
He also uploaded a cleaned up copy of Igrat's origin story, dealing with Parmenio getting revenge against the generals of Alexander who had killed his son, along with 1 or 2 stories dealing with WW2. There was also one that had varying short stories set in the TBO-Verse.
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

On question i have, who owns the rights to the TBO-Verse, Stuart estate, meaning his wife, we now most of the stories he posted here on the first and second boards who where later deleted for publishing, so is it okay to publish them without consent of his estate ore am i just bambeling nonsense.
Kendog52361

Post by Kendog52361 »

Lordroel wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:29 pm On question i have, who owns the rights to the TBO-Verse, Stuart estate, meaning his wife, we now most of the stories he posted here on the first and second boards who where later deleted for publishing, so is it okay to publish them without consent of his estate ore am i just bambeling nonsense.
I have no idea on any of that. I do know that I purchased most, if not all, of his "TBO-verse" books on Amazon Kindle, but I have no idea about the above questions.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Kendog52361 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:40 pm
MKSheppard wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:30 am What exactly can we bring back?

I don't know if he's re-registered on this new Board, but I remember that Theodore, as he was known on the old/middle Board, had copies of most of the unpublished (Amazon Kindle) stories, and uploaded them in "completed format", so you could read through them. There was the story that introduced Igrat's daughter, and also had the "incident" in New York, then several stories dealing with Conrad and Angel's "adventures" in the UK, ranging from Angel and Achillia "starting and finishing a gang war" in Glasgow, to them then working various investigations in England. There was also a story in Rome, where Angel got shot in the stomach, but protected the Pope from being assassinated.

There was also a story starting with the Battle of Culloden, and then dealing with the aftermath, interspersed with a murder mystery, and assassins trying to murder the future Duke of Culloden (I think his title), and having tried to murder the King earlier.

Edit:
He also uploaded a cleaned up copy of Igrat's origin story, dealing with Parmenio getting revenge against the generals of Alexander who had killed his son, along with 1 or 2 stories dealing with WW2. There was also one that had varying short stories set in the TBO-Verse.
Theodore hasn’t registered that I can’t see, and indicated to me a while ago that he wouldn’t be returning (to the last incarnation of the board).

If anyone has contact details to hand for him and fancies trying to get their hands on stories, that’d be great.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

I have about 40 stories or datafiles:

Code: Select all

A cup for Parmemnio.rtf
A matter of returns.rtf
A Pirate's Life for me.rtf
Anvil of Necessity.rtf
Blocking Action.txt
Civus Americanus Sum.rtf
Cosmetic Factors.rtf
crusade3.txt
Demonic Possession(1988).rtf
Dreams.rtf
Eye of Odin.rtf
Fireball in the Night.rtf
Four Jugs of wine(1220 BC).rtf
High Frontier4.rtf
Intersteller Highway.txt
Mission Statement.rtf
One Ring(Mystery).rtf
Patron of the Arts.rtf
RAF postwar.rtf
Reference folder
Ride of the Valkyries.rtf
Saigon.rtf
TBO timeline.rtf
TBOversemap1980.jpg
Templar Night.rtf
Ten Plagues.rtf
The Air Show.rtf
the big one1.rtf
The eye of Odin.rtf
the great game2.rtf
The Green Grass of home(1669).rtf
The Guiding Light.txt
The Sunset behind a Mountain.rtf
Three Eagles.rtf
Two Beggars(1200 bc).rtf
Unorganized Militia.rtf
Vengence is Mine.rtf
White Knight.rtf
Eye of Odin.rtf
Patron of the Arts.rtf
Plus I believe copies of the original EZBoard thread from 2002 that sparked TBO.
JBG

Post by JBG »

Test
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

JBG wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:39 amTest
VERIFIED
Kendog52361

Post by Kendog52361 »

@Calder, over in the TBO-verse section of the Forum posted that he had most of the stories, but wasn't sure about the posting of them, or what was and wasn't allowed. I replied to him, in terms of the published stories, and based on what was on the previous Board, but I am not the "Authority/Mod" in any way, hence my posting this here, letting you guys know about his post/questions, in hopes somebody "in charge" can give him better answers.

https://tboverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=212
JBG

Post by JBG »

:evil:
Lordroel wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:29 pm On question i have, who owns the rights to the TBO-Verse, Stuart estate, meaning his wife, we now most of the stories he posted here on the first and second boards who where later deleted for publishing, so is it okay to publish them without consent of his estate ore am i just bambeling nonsense.
As a lawyer, though not practising in the US, this issue has certainly been in the back of my mind.

If the tboverse content as uploaded previously by Theodore could be obtained, perhaps have that part of the board members only?

That might avoid some IP issues.

Jonathan
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

JBG wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:13 am :evil:
As a lawyer, though not practising in the US, this issue has certainly been in the back of my mind.

If the tboverse content as uploaded previously by Theodore could be obtained, perhaps have that part of the board members only?

That might avoid some IP issues.

Jonathan
We can do this ^^^
Calder

Post by Calder »

Kendog52361 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:35 pm @Calder, over in the TBO-verse section of the Forum posted that he had most of the stories, but wasn't sure about the posting of them, or what was and wasn't allowed. I replied to him, in terms of the published stories, and based on what was on the previous Board, but I am not the "Authority/Mod" in any way, hence my posting this here, letting you guys know about his post/questions, in hopes somebody "in charge" can give him better answers.

I am definitely watching these boards to find out what I am allowed to post. I REALLY like the TBOverse and don't want to see it die so am willing to help out. I have just about all of the stories done after Winter Warriors but if there is an automated way of bringing these back that would obviously be better as I only have the stories and don't have the comments.
Kendog52361

Post by Kendog52361 »

Calder wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:59 pm
Kendog52361 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:35 pm @Calder, over in the TBO-verse section of the Forum posted that he had most of the stories, but wasn't sure about the posting of them, or what was and wasn't allowed. I replied to him, in terms of the published stories, and based on what was on the previous Board, but I am not the "Authority/Mod" in any way, hence my posting this here, letting you guys know about his post/questions, in hopes somebody "in charge" can give him better answers.

I am definitely watching these boards to find out what I am allowed to post. I REALLY like the TBOverse and don't want to see it die so am willing to help out. I have just about all of the stories done after Winter Warriors but if there is an automated way of bringing these back that would obviously be better as I only have the stories and don't have the comments.
I can only speak for myself, of course, but while I enjoy going through and reading the comments, I also prefer just reading through the whole story, without having to search through the various posts of comments just to find the story posts. I don't know whether that means there should be a story-only Thread, or if the Story Threads could have the whole story posted, first, at the beginning, before you're getting into the long thread with the varying comments, but that's simply my preference, of reading through the story, without having to actually find the story posts.
Johnnie Lyle

Post by Johnnie Lyle »

Kendog52361 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:26 pm
Calder wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:59 pm

I can only speak for myself, of course, but while I enjoy going through and reading the comments, I also prefer just reading through the whole story, without having to search through the various posts of comments just to find the story posts. I don't know whether that means there should be a story-only Thread, or if the Story Threads could have the whole story posted, first, at the beginning, before you're getting into the long thread with the varying comments, but that's simply my preference, of reading through the story, without having to actually find the story posts.
What we did previously was create a Story Index master post with links to the chapter thread. That way you could read comments or not, without having to scroll through the thread, which is really annoying, especially on a phone that doesn’t preserve where you were.