Welcome to phpBB3

This is where messages from the Administration are posted and place for questions on how to use the boards
Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to phpBB3

Post by Admin »

This is an example post in your phpBB3 installation. Everything seems to be working. You may delete this post if you like and continue to set up your board. During the installation process your first category and your first forum are assigned an appropriate set of permissions for the predefined usergroups administrators, bots, global moderators, guests, registered users and registered COPPA users. If you also choose to delete your first category and your first forum, do not forget to assign permissions for all these usergroups for all new categories and forums you create. It is recommended to rename your first category and your first forum and copy permissions from these while creating new categories and forums. Have fun!
JBG

Re: Welcome to phpBB3

Post by JBG »

Still a bit clunky with having to log in repeatedly but a vast improvement on, well, silence.

Jonathan
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

JBG wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:54 am Still a bit clunky with having to log in repeatedly but a vast improvement on, well, silence.

Jonathan
I need to fix that too. Trouble is, when we got this new Board delivered, it came with 2 keys, protective plastic film on the radio, scotch guard on the seats, free bottle of screen wash AND complimentary floor mats- but no user manual. So I’m finding my way along by feel so far.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

JBG wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:54 am Still a bit clunky with having to log in repeatedly but a vast improvement on, well, silence.

Jonathan
Try this again, I <hope> I've just found the right admin section.
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Jonathan
Second that, nice to see all threads again, nice to be able to mark all forums read again, nice to be able to see who is online again, all again as you have said, a improvement over silence and a broken board.
Pdf27

Post by Pdf27 »

Tried to start posting A Blunted Sickle again and was told that the post needed approval by an administrator - can someone check/sort this for me?

Edit: seems to apply to all my posts. Is it just me?
Last edited by Pdf27 on Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau. - Jean Dutourd
Bernard Woolley

Post by Bernard Woolley »

You should be sorted now. :)
Pdf27

Post by Pdf27 »

Nope - looks like post approval is still turned on for me and you only approved the two posts up previously!
War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau. - Jean Dutourd
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Pdf27 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:05 pm Tried to start posting A Blunted Sickle again and was told that the post needed approval by an administrator - can someone check/sort this for me?

Edit: seems to apply to all my posts. Is it just me?
It looks like it’s the first few posts that need approval, after that it’s all good.
Pdf27

Post by Pdf27 »

Craiglxviii wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:52 pmIt looks like it’s the first few posts that need approval, after that it’s all good.
Test post to see if I'm safe?

Edit: Yay!
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

Pdf27 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:31 pm
Craiglxviii wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:52 pmIt looks like it’s the first few posts that need approval, after that it’s all good.

If we were safe, would we be here? :D Keep in progress is made by unsafe people who didn't follow the herd. Except for the guy the found coffee beans by following his herd around and saw how they acted after eating coffee beans. :lol:
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

jemhouston wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:57 pm
Pdf27 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:31 pm

If we were safe, would we be here? :D Keep in progress is made by unsafe people who didn't follow the herd. Except for the guy the found coffee beans by following his herd around and saw how they acted after eating coffee beans. :lol:
This could be the same guy who checked the civet poo too…
JBG

Post by JBG »

There are times when I hit “Home” that I have log in again. It happens on my iPads (Safari) but not my work laptop (google chrome),

I have not tried this yet with my iMac.

Given my abilities with computer thingies, the problem is probably between my ears.

Jonathan
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

JBG wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:04 am There are times when I hit “Home” that I have log in again. It happens on my iPads (Safari) but not my work laptop (google chrome),

Given my abilities with computer thingies, the problem is probably between my ears.

Jonathan
I reset the “time between logins” to an hour, so if it’s acting differently between devices it’s probably to do with cookies or batches or some other bready type product. Or caches. I dunno!
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

JBG wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:04 am There are times when I hit “Home” that I have log in again. It happens on my iPads (Safari) but not my work laptop (google chrome),

Jonathan
Jonathan, as an IT Professional, the technical term is PICNIC, Problem In Chair Not In Computer.

Try clearing the cache in Chrome and make sure when you log back in you click remember me.
JBG

Post by JBG »

I'll try, but there is no issue with my work computer which uses Chrome.

The problem is with Safari ie my iPads.

I do however appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Jonathan