Las Vegas bound soon ...

Slide along a cold one, kick back and relax. Share amusing stories, anything on your mind, unwind amongst friends.
NotThatBen

Las Vegas bound soon ...

Post by NotThatBen »

So decided to visit las vegas, ofc ... well company is sending me to a trade conference there and the star trek convention (my 50 year gift to myself), other than those is there anything military related worth visiting (stuck with uber/lyft/taxi).

Battle field las vegas has an L86A1 so likely to be visiting there. Got the atomic musuem on the list as well, anything else?
gtg947h

Re: Las Vegas bound soon ...

Post by gtg947h »

It's not military, but I really enjoyed the tour etc. at Hoover Dam... of course that was mumblemumble years ago...
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

gtg947h wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:40 pm It's not military, but I really enjoyed the tour etc. at Hoover Dam... of course that was mumblemumble years ago...
If you took the Gray Line Tour, took it also. Enjoyed it. It was almost as much fun as shooting a MP5 full auto - 50 rounds.

If you want carnage, Battlebots show https://battlebots.com/tickets/
Nathan45

Post by Nathan45 »

The KA cirque de solie show at MGM grand blew me away, you spend almost 2 hours not believing what you are seeing in real time.

https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/ka
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

NotThatBen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:36 pm So decided to visit las vegas, ofc ... well company is sending me to a trade conference there and the star trek convention (my 50 year gift to myself), other than those is there anything military related worth visiting (stuck with uber/lyft/taxi).

Battle field las vegas has an L86A1 so likely to be visiting there. Got the atomic musuem on the list as well, anything else?
The L86A1 is nothing to write home about, I qualified on it in my late teens and it was disappointing then! I preferred the Bren gun.
Drunknsubmrnr

Post by Drunknsubmrnr »

NotThatBen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:36 pm So decided to visit las vegas, ofc ... well company is sending me to a trade conference there and the star trek convention (my 50 year gift to myself), other than those is there anything military related worth visiting (stuck with uber/lyft/taxi).

Sadly Quarks bar is now closed. That place was awesome.
MikeKozlowski

Post by MikeKozlowski »

...The old Threat Museum (AKA The Petting Zoo) at Nellis AFB - a thoroughly delightful collection of Cold War era Soviet aircraft, AFVs, and other toys. IIRC, if you can get onto the base it's open to you.

Mike
Pdf27

Post by Pdf27 »

Craiglxviii wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:07 amThe L86A1 is nothing to write home about, I qualified on it in my late teens and it was disappointing then! I preferred the Bren gun.
image_2024-07-16_182054314.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau. - Jean Dutourd
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Pdf27 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:20 pm
Craiglxviii wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:07 amThe L86A1 is nothing to write home about, I qualified on it in my late teens and it was disappointing then! I preferred the Bren gun.
image_2024-07-16_182054314.png
In fact thinking about it, we’d have likely qualified on the same LSW..!
Pdf27

Post by Pdf27 »

Craiglxviii wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:25 pmIn fact thinking about it, we’d have likely qualified on the same LSW..!
Can't remember. I fired a bunch of the A2 version later anyway.
War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau. - Jean Dutourd