Operation ANNA: The strangest Soviet mission

The long and short stories of 'The Last War' by Jan Niemczyk and others
jemhouston

Re: Operation ANNA: The strangest Soviet mission

Post by jemhouston »

Fire is starting to make the water bubble.
Belushi TD

Post by Belushi TD »

I am so very glad to see this back. Whenever a story like this has a hiatus, I have a mental image of all the characters standing around, sort of looking at each other, thinking to themselves "Well, what next?" So glad that they're not still sitting in limbo.

Well done, Sir.

Belushi TD
Bernard Woolley

Post by Bernard Woolley »

Great work, Matt.
Jotun

Post by Jotun »

Belushi TD wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:45 pm I am so very glad to see this back. Whenever a story like this has a hiatus, I have a mental image of all the characters standing around, sort of looking at each other, thinking to themselves "Well, what next?" So glad that they're not still sitting in limbo.

Well done, Sir.

Belushi TD
If you tried to shame me into continuing the Manthatisi story…and the attack on the Regierungsbunker…you succeeded :lol: At least I read my notes again…ahem.
Belushi TD

Post by Belushi TD »

Jotun wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:47 pm
Belushi TD wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:45 pm I am so very glad to see this back. Whenever a story like this has a hiatus, I have a mental image of all the characters standing around, sort of looking at each other, thinking to themselves "Well, what next?" So glad that they're not still sitting in limbo.

Well done, Sir.

Belushi TD
If you tried to shame me into continuing the Manthatisi story…and the attack on the Regierungsbunker…you succeeded :lol: At least I read my notes again…ahem.
I was not TRYING to.... However, I'll be perfectly happy to claim credit for it, should it be the impetus you needed to start writing again!

Belushi TD
Andys

Post by Andys »

Why have none of the POWs asked why the Russians are doing this?
Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

From General Kurchatov's meeting with Capt. Michaels in her hospital room:

Kurchatov nodded gravely. “Very serious. I have seen the videotape the Iraqis made of your.....interrogation,” he spat. “And that was probably the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.” Apart from what the Dushmani did to any Soviet soldiers unfortunate enough to fall into their hands, Kurchatov said to himself.

“What's the point of this?”

“We intend to get the Iraqis to improve conditions for your comrades left behind,” Kurchatov said. “More in accordance with International Law.”

Michaels was thinking for a minute. If the Russians are serious, and they can help Lisa, Jessica, Mac, and the others? This isn't collaboration. It's more like sticking it to those bastards back in Baghdad. “General, I won't hold anything back. I'll tell you what happened to me, and what I know happened to other people.”
The difference between diplomacy and war is this: Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so elegantly that they pack for the trip.
War is bringing hell down on that someone.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Iraq’s been busy doing things the Soviets, while willing to do these things if need be, would prefer to avoid, and have angered their erstwhile sponsor…
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC