BSG 2.0 back on Prime....

Good books? Great Films? Good television? Best Music? Or those that really need avoidance? This is where to review and comment on new fact or fiction.
MikeKozlowski

BSG 2.0 back on Prime....

Post by MikeKozlowski »

...Ran across this earlier today. Went off the rails at the very end, but still one of the top two or three sci-fi series in TV history.

Mike
Rocket J Squrriel

Re: BSG 2.0 back on Prime....

Post by Rocket J Squrriel »

MikeKozlowski wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:01 pm ...Ran across this earlier today. Went off the rails at the very end, but still one of the top two or three sci-fi series in TV history.

Mike
I think they ran into the usual problem: They ran out of an established plot and were making it up as they went. Suddenly they had to end it and kludged together something.
MikeKozlowski

Post by MikeKozlowski »

Rocket J Squrriel wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:28 pm
MikeKozlowski wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:01 pm ...Ran across this earlier today. Went off the rails at the very end, but still one of the top two or three sci-fi series in TV history.

Mike
I think they ran into the usual problem: They ran out of an established plot and were making it up as they went. Suddenly they had to end it and kludged together something.
Rocket,

True that. The producers later had the decency to admit they'd kind of painted themselves into a corner and were never quite able to sort it out.

Mike
Micael

Post by Micael »

The initial miniseries that served as the pilot might well be the best pilot of any scifi series ever, but as you say eventually the series went off the rails. I think they had a chance to go a different route with the Pegasus and Michelle Forbes plot, it gave them an opening that wasn’t fully capitalized on. After that I think they were stuck in the corner.
Rocket J Squrriel

Post by Rocket J Squrriel »

I think a big mistake they made at the ending them finding our Earth in the distant past and then abandoning all tech to 'start over'. They probably did it to give 'closure' but to me it seems like a cop out. You just couldn't admit you didn't know how to end it.
Nathan45

Post by Nathan45 »

Fairly common for a series to start out great and fail miserably, particularly when the series is set around a mystery box which usually doesn't live up to expectations. Lost, Earth final conflict and others come to mind. It's probably a much shorter list of shows that lived up to their initial promise. Still like a great boxing match with a boring final round they can still be enjoyed.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

It was also a very, very good MMORPG too.
1Big Rich

Post by 1Big Rich »

Funny, I was just on Colonial Fleets' board last night....
But it's a Classic Battlestar board.

IIRC, I posted this a couple boards ago for Bushranger, but what the hell

Regards,
The BC Board
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. - Albert Einstein