Page 1 of 1
An interesting music project
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 10:59 pm
by Micael
Something called Vyrma appeared this year, a sort of ”viking” music project. What intrigues me here is not only that the music videos are clearly AI generated, but it may be that the entire thing is, that is to say singing, music etc. It’s not entirely clear but there are things pointing in that direction. What increases my interest is that it is pretty good music, depending on if you like that musical style or not of course, so if it is AI through and through it’s starting to get pretty good at things like this, with all the implications that follows.
Here’s the youtube channel with music videos:
https://youtube.com/@vyrmamusic?si=TdxcDLL6t0urdTWP
The only real fact point I can add is that I’m fairly confident that if it is a real singer it is a Swede, and if it is an AI voice it’s using a voice modelled on Swedes when singing the Old Norse, that’s pretty clear to me as a Swede when listening to it.
Re: An interesting music project
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 3:23 am
by kdahm
It is some nice music. There's quite a bit of metal influence in there as well.
However, the visuals, the voices, and the instrumentals are AI generated. The telltale is the harmonics and overtones, and the timing of every transition is perfect. Compare to something like Heilung (
https://www.youtube.com/@Heilung/videos) or Saltatio Mortis (
https://youtu.be/4dIiN57DQOI?si=qhDhCM3oO8S6cfZC)
Re: An interesting music project
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 12:49 pm
by Nathan45
AI songs are getting better. I workout to various youtube music videos, and youtube keeps adding new songs to mymix based on what I listen to, lately a lot of the songs I enjoy working out to are AI generated, although none seem as creative as these Swedish songs, which are very impressive. Imagine how demoralizing this must be to a young musician trying to do this the old fashioned way.
Re: An interesting music project
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 3:40 pm
by Kunkmiester
I'm a fan of a couple good ai composers. As with anything quality depends on how much effort is put into it, and the more human is out in, the better.
https://youtu.be/o4eC2H1kxho?is=H7BuOEKKVhZW8VEA
https://youtu.be/JTqP84QGjZU?is=5PBMw1dDW3pS1IIY
There is a lot of music being made that would never have been made before. Same with animations. It's be nice if the ai companies paid more attention to copyright issues though.
Re: An interesting music project
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 8:27 pm
by Micael
Mmm, those are likely examples of bands that have inspired this, along with the TV show Vikings.
Re: An interesting music project
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 8:28 pm
by Micael
Nathan45 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2026 12:49 pm
AI songs are getting better. I workout to various youtube music videos, and youtube keeps adding new songs to mymix based on what I listen to, lately a lot of the songs I enjoy working out to are AI generated, although none seem as creative as these Swedish songs, which are very impressive. Imagine how demoralizing this must be to a young musician trying to do this the old fashioned way.
Demoralizing, perhaps, but I doubt it’ll take over as such. There’ll be a significant demand for ”real music”.