I'm taking a break from writing

Fiction stories and articles written by members.
Jeff Thomas

I'm taking a break from writing

Post by Jeff Thomas »

I’ve decided to suspend posting new chapters of “Pirates and Prisoners” for a couple of reasons.

I like to post about a chapter a week, a pace that I can’t seem to keep up due to health and family issues. The health problem is chronic, I need to find a way to pace my output. I hope the family problem will resolve itself by about the end of August, at least I hope that by then we will have moved our daughter and grandson from Washington State to Colorado. (Both my wife and I think this move is ill advised, but don’t actually have a say in what she does).

At the moment, I have a major case of writer’s block. I can’t seem to muster the energy to keep writing. I may keep working on Pirates and Prisoners, but not post any more until I’m sure I’ll get some where with it. In the last few days, I’ve discovered that rewriting and editing is not as demanding as creating new content. So, I’m blowing the dust off two projects and getting them ready for the proofreader. (I have one lined up).

By the end of summer, I should have a sci fi alien invasion story published, with a cult thriller to follow shortly. Maybe after that it will be fun again and I’ll get back to work on P&P.
Johnnie Lyle

Re: I'm taking a break from writing

Post by Johnnie Lyle »

If it’s not fun, don’t force it!
kdahm

Post by kdahm »

Do what you will, we can wait.

Family and health come first, always.
Nik_SpeakerToCats

Post by Nik_SpeakerToCats »

Do not try to 'mush the muse'. Worst-case, turns into a pot-boiler...
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

Good luck with the issues
Belushi TD

Post by Belushi TD »

I am very sorry to hear this. I have just now been getting time to catch up with the posted chapters. I think the last one I read was 8....

Please take the time you need to get yourself in order. While I enjoy your writing, I enjoy having you happy and healthy more.

Belushi TD
Nik_SpeakerToCats

Post by Nik_SpeakerToCats »

Please, please take your essential R&R, return to writing renewed and refreshed...
--
On a lighter note, I've discovered several busy reporter notebooks our poltercats had tipped down the back of book-stack in wash-room.
Each has a bunch of ideas, drafts, notions etc etc, and they'd been missing for several months.
There's one such notion, tentatively titled '419', which I think will make a fun tale...