VPN

This is where messages from the Administration are posted and place for questions on how to use the boards
jemhouston

VPN

Post by jemhouston »

Quick question for the Admin. I sometimes run KAMO VPN and can't access the site. I don't seem to have the issue with Norton VPN. It's not a big deal, but I was wonder if you knew why?
Craiglxviii

Re: VPN

Post by Craiglxviii »

jemhouston wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:52 pm Quick question for the Admin. I sometimes run KAMO VPN and can't access the site. I don't seem to have the issue with Norton VPN. It's not a big deal, but I was wonder if you knew why?
Sorry, no idea although I’ve seen the VPN issue reported on other fora too.
Sukhoiman

Post by Sukhoiman »

As far as i can tell (being on some other phpbb fora), there are issues with some VPN servers/routings and the fairly simplistic coded phpbb anti-spam/bot detection features.

There are some VPN routings that do work with no issue at all... i.e its bit of hit and miss sometimes.

Express VPN gives me full range of locations to pick from, and some are blocked here, some are let through.

Other VPN programs are entirely hit and miss as essentially you just have the one option and its a coin flip for the phpbb stuff.
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

It's not big issue since I know the cause. I have run into the issue on other sites also.