Long and short stories from the 1984 movie
jemhouston

Re: Art & Image Thread

Post by jemhouston »

Not working for me. :lol:
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Poohbah wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:17 pm From the Official Twitter account of the California National Guard Adjutant General (aka my big sister):

How to make a tank less threatening...

FB_IMG_1683926061852.jpg
What the Hell is she smoking (and where can I get some)?
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Here's a shot of HMS Yarmouth (F101) around the time of the Battle of the Baltic Exits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Here's a shot taken shortly after the end of the war of VF-201 Hunters conducting carrier qualifications on their new Tomcats. CVWR-20 had been completely reequipped immediately after the cessation of hostilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

A USAF UH-1N patrols the Malmstrom AFB ICBM fields during the Baja War:
The difference between diplomacy and war is this: Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so elegantly that they pack for the trip.
War is bringing hell down on that someone.
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Matt Wiser wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:25 am A USAF UH-1N patrols the F.E. Warren AFB ICBM fields during the Baja War:
Tail code's for Malmstrom . . . must've had two second lieutenants flying it . . .
Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

LOL!
The difference between diplomacy and war is this: Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so elegantly that they pack for the trip.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

The JANSP (Joint Air Force/Navy Strike Program) has its first reveal: this is from Lockheed-Martin. It has received the designation of F/A-26, and four prototypes are reported to be under construction, according to Aviation Leak. Grumman, Northrop and McAir are also bidding. (OOC: the F-25 was the failed X-32). Two will be built for the AF requirement, while two more will be the prototypes for the Navy.
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Rather substantial-looking bird.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

That’s interesting…

Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Here's a Hornet from VF-191 Satan's Kittens from around the time of the end of the War in Texas. Hoser Satrapa was reputed to have cursed long and loud when he learned that his former squadron had switched over to the Bug...

Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

And here's one from VF-194 Red Lightnings...

Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

USS New Jersey (BB-62) sailing through the Panama Canal, prior to her SAG making an anti-shipping sweep along the Mexican Pacific Coast, 1988:
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Here's a USCG Mi-14PS "HAZE-C"... yet another member of the Reparations Fleet.

Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67) in 1987 around the time of Operation PRAIRIE FIRE and the Cuban BADGER attack upon her.

Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

USS Ranger (CV-61) sailing past Point Loma, CA for operations in the North Pacific, 1988:
Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

One of those that worked the Denver Airlift, especially at the smaller airports: A USAF C-123 Provider, 1986..
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Matt Wiser wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:14 am One of those that worked the Denver Airlift, especially at the smaller airports: A USAF C-123 Provider, 1986..
The Denver Airlift is one of the Air Force's touchstone stories, right up there with the Mighty Eighth bringing the pain to Schweinfurt and Regensburg, the Berlin AIrlift, MiG Alley, Going Downtown, and EASTERN EXPRESS.

Next time Roberta and I get an invite to Hollyweird, I'm going to mention it to directors and producers; it's a story that needs telling on the big screen.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Here's a profile of one of the handful of Communist Mexican F-5E Tiger IIs...