Suggestions & Requests

This is where messages from the Administration are posted and place for questions on how to use the boards
Micael

Re: Suggestions & Requests

Post by Micael »

Thanks! Seems like it’s working.
Calder

Post by Calder »

In the TBOVerse stories could you stickie Belushi's post with links to all of the TBOverse short stories?
viewtopic.php?t=514

Could you also delete the following two threads as they are duplicate stories that accidentally got posted twice?
https://www.tboverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=487
https://www.tboverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=488

When you create the subforums (Detective Stories and Long Stories) for TBOverse stories could you also create a stickied post where we will post links to all of the stories?
Calder

Post by Calder »

Ok. I deleted the two duplicate stories. (Sorry, didn't realize that was possible till now.) Could the admin create the 2 subforums so I can add the remaining stories?
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Calder wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:05 pm Ok. I deleted the two duplicate stories. (Sorry, didn't realize that was possible till now.) Could the admin create the 2 subforums so I can add the remaining stories?
Yep I’ll get onto it
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Calder wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:05 pm Ok. I deleted the two duplicate stories. (Sorry, didn't realize that was possible till now.) Could the admin create the 2 subforums so I can add the remaining stories?
This is now done, please can you check them out to see if posting etc works in them? Ta.
Calder

Post by Calder »

The subforums work great. Could you please sticky the following posts in each of the subforums? (It is a linked list to each story.)

viewtopic.php?t=565
viewtopic.php?t=566
viewtopic.php?t=514
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Calder wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:19 am The subforums work great. Could you please sticky the following posts in each of the subforums? (It is a linked list to each story.)

viewtopic.php?t=565
viewtopic.php?t=566
viewtopic.php?t=514
One for the Mods!
Calder

Post by Calder »

Who are the mods? Give me some names and I will ping them.
Bernard Woolley

Post by Bernard Woolley »

I've managed to sticky the first two, but I can't for the life of me now find the option that allowed me to do it for the last one!

EDIT: Done! :D
Johnnie Lyle

Post by Johnnie Lyle »

Can we get the spoiler feature made more like the classic black marker redacting?
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Johnnie Lyle wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:01 pm Can we get the spoiler feature made more like the classic black marker redacting?
I’ll have a look and see.
kdahm

Post by kdahm »

Should we move some of the forums back behind a login wall? I just clicked on "Who is online" and saw five members there and three crawler bots.
Johnnie Lyle

Post by Johnnie Lyle »

Craiglxviii wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:15 pm
Johnnie Lyle wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:01 pm Can we get the spoiler feature made more like the classic black marker redacting?
I’ll have a look and see.
It’s also causing problems in posts with multiple spoilers, or quoting spoilers.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Can we get the ability to delete our posts (if it hasn’t already been done)?
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Sukhoiman

Post by Sukhoiman »

Wolfman wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:02 am Can we get the ability to delete our posts (if it hasn’t already been done)?
There should be feature in phpbb settings that the admins here can turn on for that I believe. I've seen the "X" button in other phpbb boards.

EDIT: The X currently stays up for a few minutes (I just noticed) but after that its gone....so not sure if that time duration can be increased or made permanent in a setting somewhere

For time being I suppose you could use the edit feature and have post edited to "deleted" etc for older posts where the X expired.
Belushi TD

Post by Belushi TD »

I think you can delete it until someone either posts after you, or someone else looks at it.

Not sure about either of those.

Belushi TD
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

It seems to be the former…

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Wolfman wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:19 am It seems to be the former…
One can edit or delete a post until the next post in that thread goes up. Beyond that (for this installation of phpBB) it’s a Mod function to edit or delete.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

You can edit your own posts, irregardless of whether or not someone else has replied.

Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Would there be any interest in enabling post reactions using smilies (and can that be enabled on this type of forum)? It can be a nice way to laugh at people's jokes or thank them for useful information without cluttering a thread with too many quote replies.