Suggestions & Requests

This is where messages from the Administration are posted and place for questions on how to use the boards
Simon Darkshade

Re: Suggestions & Requests

Post by Simon Darkshade »

I don't know if this is an applicable suggestion, but future proofing against unforeseen events by saving a back up of the forum (once reassembled in all its pomp and glory) may be possible. I'm no technical fellow, but it is theoretically possible on my own forum/site.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Simon Darkshade wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:13 am I don't know if this is an applicable suggestion, but future proofing against unforeseen events by saving a back up of the forum (once reassembled in all its pomp and glory) may be possible. I'm no technical fellow, but it is theoretically possible on my own forum/site.
I’ll look into it!
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

How's it looking for restoring the old tboverse.us files?
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Poohbah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:30 am How's it looking for restoring the old tboverse.us files?
Sorry, real life stormed heavily into the way this week. I’ll chase it up on Monday.
Calder

Post by Calder »

I have most of Stuart and some of the other stories in MS Word format. I know some have been published and want to be mindful not to repost those. I have a thread started in the Stories from the TBOVerse forum for returning these. If I gave them to the admin would there be some automated way of reposting all of this? In particular, the long stories would take forever to move over. If someone official can help me figure out what has been published and shouldn't be reposted I would be grateful. The list of stories I have is in the TBOVerse forum.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Calder wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:49 pm I have most of Stuart and some of the other stories in MS Word format. I know some have been published and want to be mindful not to repost those. I have a thread started in the Stories from the TBOVerse forum for returning these. If I gave them to the admin would there be some automated way of reposting all of this? In particular, the long stories would take forever to move over. If someone official can help me figure out what has been published and shouldn't be reposted I would be grateful. The list of stories I have is in the TBOVerse forum.
It’s not automated but the lesser & minor demons can be put to work on this.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Craiglxviii wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:59 pm
James1978 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:30 pm Thank you! I appreciate you adding strikethrough and spoiler.

Any luck with alignment/centering?
Oof now you’re talking. That might be a job for next week ;)
Any updates on getting alignment/centering as a formatting option?
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

James1978 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:21 pm
Craiglxviii wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:59 pm
James1978 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:30 pm Thank you! I appreciate you adding strikethrough and spoiler.

Any luck with alignment/centering?
Oof now you’re talking. That might be a job for next week ;)
Any updates on getting alignment/centering as a formatting option?
Not yet sorry. I did have a look and couldn’t see anything in the standard setup, so it may require a custom script.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I appreciate the update Craiglxviii.
I'm not imagining that we did have that option on the board before the last board, am I?
Johnnie Lyle

Post by Johnnie Lyle »

Admin, we need a MIKEYVERSE section in Fiction for the various Mikes and associated authors to post in.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Johnnie Lyle wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:00 am Admin, we need a MIKEYVERSE section in Fiction for the various Mikes and associated authors to post in.
Your wish is my command
Calder

Post by Calder »

Is it possible to create subforums for forums that already exist? It would be helpful if we could split the TBOverse stories into short stories, Detetive stories and long stories.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Calder wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:19 am Is it possible to create subforums for forums that already exist? It would be helpful if we could split the TBOverse stories into short stories, Detetive stories and long stories.
Yes we can do this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Craiglxviii wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:17 am
Calder wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:19 am Is it possible to create subforums for forums that already exist? It would be helpful if we could split the TBOverse stories into short stories, Detetive stories and long stories.
Yes we can do this.
We can do this when we get the installation updated… looks like that’s a next week job. Otherwise please be patient and wait for the mods- typical, I can’t get into the Permissions module.
Calder

Post by Calder »

Admin wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:08 pm
Craiglxviii wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:17 am
Calder wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:19 am Is it possible to create subforums for forums that already exist? It would be helpful if we could split the TBOverse stories into short stories, Detective stories and long stories.
Yes we can do this.
We can do this when we get the installation updated… looks like that’s a next week job. Otherwise please be patient and wait for the mods- typical, I can’t get into the Permissions module.
I hate pestering people who are working for free but a slight change to the subforums request. Just 2 subforums. "Detective Stories" and "Long Stories". I will just put the short stories in the main folder.
Micael

Post by Micael »

At one point on the old-old board we had an addon installed that allowed for the embedding of youtube clips. If that could be under consideration for some point in the future that’d be great.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Micael wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:48 pm At one point on the old-old board we had an addon installed that allowed for the embedding of youtube clips. If that could be under consideration for some point in the future that’d be great.
I’ll look into it. You’re right, it would be super. Fingers crossed it will be a simple script.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Now this should work with [**youtube]add video ID[/youtube**]

(Without the stars)

Example. Video URL is https://youtu.be/DQ1gxpPBK88

Paste only this between the YouTube tags: DQ1gxpPBK88
Last edited by Craiglxviii on Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craiglxviii

Post by Craiglxviii »

Test

Micael

Post by Micael »

Thanks! Seems like it’s working.