OOC Thread

Long and short stories from the 1984 movie
Bernard Woolley

Re: OOC Thread

Post by Bernard Woolley »

Sir H is a member here too. IMVHO, in the RDverse 2024, this would have been released too. Just as stuff from the SWW has been.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Learn something new everyday!
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Bernard Woolley wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:52 pm Sir H is a member here too. IMVHO, in the RDverse 2024, this would have been released too. Just as stuff from the SWW has been.
Really, both i did not know, i toughed with a real World War III happening things that would be declassified OTL would still remain Top Secret in this universe.
Bernard Woolley

Post by Bernard Woolley »

There’s no reason for something like that to remain secret, with in RL, or the RDverse.
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Bernard Woolley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:58 pm There’s no reason for something like that to remain secret, with in RL, or the RDverse.
A okay, thanks for the explanation.
clancyphile

Post by clancyphile »

Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

clancyphile wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:04 pm May want to work this in:
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/y ... at-age-95/
Would Paul X. Kelley, who was Commandant of the United States Marine Corps from July 1, 1983, to June 30, 1987 in OTL not remain until the war end, for the sake of continuity.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I think he died in the DC nuke, and General Gray stepped up as Commandant of the Corps.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

Wolfman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:55 pm I think he died in the DC nuke, and General Gray stepped up as Commandant of the Corps.
Which depending on who you ask it was either the thing or the worst thing that happened to the Corps in the war.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Possibly the worst thing to happen to the Corps was Gray being confirmed for a full tour as Commandant of the Marine Corps…

Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Wolfman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:18 pm Possibly the worst thing to happen to the Corps was Gray being confirmed for a full tour as Commandant of the Marine Corps…
Early on, he reminded us that we were Marines, bred for war--but even then he pissed people off needlessly.

During his full tour, he displayed some toxic behaviors that did a lot of damage to the Corps.

Sometimes, we had a love-hate relationship with him--as in we loved AND hated him simultaneously.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Poohbah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:06 am
Wolfman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:18 pm Possibly the worst thing to happen to the Corps was Gray being confirmed for a full tour as Commandant of the Marine Corps…
Early on, he reminded us that we were Marines, bred for war--but even then he pissed people off needlessly.

During his full tour, he displayed some toxic behaviors that did a lot of damage to the Corps.

Sometimes, we had a love-hate relationship with him--as in we loved AND hated him simultaneously.
Precisely.

Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

One of the threads on the old board dealt with pro sports during and after the war; the question of the pro sports leagues during and immediately after the war has come up on "the other board." If anyone was able to save it, please, a repost here would be most welcome.
The difference between diplomacy and war is this: Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so elegantly that they pack for the trip.
War is bringing hell down on that someone.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I’m still waiting for the rest of the BOLO II stuff…

Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Wolfman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:05 pm I’m still waiting for the rest of the BOLO II stuff…
I'm still working the details on Sophie's next moves in Vegas and her going forward to Sheppard.

Part of it is she's going to get a bit of an ass-chewing from General O'Neil.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Good to know. Maybe some of the stuff currently on the Other Board could be posted here to tide us over? At the very least “Finis: The End in Brownsville” would keep us busy until the BOLO II stuff is ready.

Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

And I really need to start (re)writing "The Journey" and "Before."
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Poohbah wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:27 pm And I really need to start (re)writing "The Journey" and "Before."
Yes, yes you do.

Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Do we have a list of countries who are bad apples/Anti-America i know about Mexico en Venezuela but what about Iran, Syria and so on, would be nice to know which countries in this universe who still hate America to the bone.
Matt Wiser

Post by Matt Wiser »

Iran and Syria are definitely hostile to the U.S. (and its Gulf State allies, Israel, Egypt, etc.). As is Afghanistan (ruled by the Taliban since the Soviet pullout TTL).

Nicaragua is generally friendly: Remember that Daniel Ortega (the Sandinista leader) his brother, and many of their top officials posed for rifle fire after the 1995 Coup that overthrew the regime.
The difference between diplomacy and war is this: Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so elegantly that they pack for the trip.
War is bringing hell down on that someone.