OOC Thread

Long and short stories from the 1984 movie
Wolfman

Re: OOC Thread

Post by Wolfman »

Okay.
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Can this Twilight scourcebook be use to build the Mexican Army.'

https://www.pmulcahy.com/PDFs/Mexican_A ... cebook.pdf

Also did the United States sleep when the Mexicans where building up their army with all the Soviet gear, that must be a lot of transport ships going to the country.
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Lordroel wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:35 am Can this Twilight scourcebook be use to build the Mexican Army.'

https://www.pmulcahy.com/PDFs/Mexican_A ... cebook.pdf

Also did the United States sleep when the Mexicans where building up their army with all the Soviet gear, that must be a lot of transport ships going to the country.
There was a bit of a war inside the US intelligence community before the actual war. A lot of civilian intelligence Senior Executive Service folks were actively trying to manage perceptions of the threat because they were afraid Ronnie Ray-Gun would start a war with Mexico.

Making the situation worse, there was a Soviet asset at Langley who ended up getting codenamed BALTAR by the counterintelligence boys when the hunt was on. Part of his schtick was psychological manipulation of analysts to get them to doubt what their professional instincts were telling them by focusing them on not rocking the boat, career concerns ("Look, you want to go upstairs with goofy conspiracy theories, it's your ass, not mine"), etc. Their stuff either got excluded from NIEs or relegated to footnotes, but enough of the analysts wrote memos for the record that when the inevitable housecleaning hit in September/October 1985, the most egregious offenders spent the rest of the war trying to not get racked up on treason charges, while Baltar "went into the field" and disappeared, subsequently to resurface under another legend.
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Poohbah wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:55 pm
There was a bit of a war inside the US intelligence community before the actual war. A lot of civilian intelligence Senior Executive Service folks were actively trying to manage perceptions of the threat because they were afraid Ronnie Ray-Gun would start a war with Mexico.
So that is why no U-2 and SR-71 flights over Mexico.
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Lordroel wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:04 pm
Poohbah wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:55 pm
So that is why no U-2 and SR-71 flights over Mexico.
In the end, there was a covert op involving sheep-dipped aircrew and recon teams that ended up getting just enough warning into military hands to avoid a national catastrophe.
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Poohbah wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:08 pm
In the end, there was a covert op involving sheep-dipped aircrew and recon teams that ended up getting just enough warning into military hands to avoid a national catastrophe.
I wonder if Reagan did start a war, would it have better, the Soviet Union would complain, the UN would criticize, but in the end, millions of Americans might have lived.
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Matt two question, one is when i posted the F-4 facht file over on my forum, Wolfman said:
I’ve mentioned this on HPCA, but VF-201 Hunters and VF-202 Superheats were flying the F-4S version, and I’m not sure if the F-4N was still in service…
Is the F-4N out of service.

Second question, did the IAI Super Phantom, which flew in 1986 enter into production ore remained it just a prototype.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Lordroel wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:27 pm Matt two question, one is when i posted the F-4 facht file over on my forum, Wolfman said:
I’ve mentioned this on HPCA, but VF-201 Hunters and VF-202 Superheats were flying the F-4S version, and I’m not sure if the F-4N was still in service…

Second question, did the IAI Super Phantom, which flew in 1986 enter into production ore remained it just a prototype.
In @ at least:
* USN: the last Navy F-4N squadron (VF-201) gave up their F-4Ns in February 1984 and transitioned to the F-4S
* USMC: the last Marine F-4N squadron (VMFA-134) gave up their F-4Ns in November 1985 and transitioned to the F-4S
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

James1978 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:38 pm
Lordroel wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:27 pm Matt two question, one is when i posted the F-4 facht file over on my forum, Wolfman said:

In @ at least:
* USN: the last Navy F-4N squadron (VF-201) gave up their F-4Ns in February 1984 and transitioned to the F-4S
* USMC: the last Marine F-4N squadron (VMFA-134) gave up their F-4Ns in November 1985 and transitioned to the F-4S
My understanding is that the only difference between the N and S was that the S had slats.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

The S was based on the F-4J, while the N was based on the F-4B…
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

Poohbah wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:41 pm
James1978 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:38 pm

In @ at least:
My understanding is that the only difference between the N and S was that the S had slats.
Thanks, will edit the dacht file with this new information.