Custom Up-Armored Tesla Cybertruck is Heavy Machine Gun Resistant

All Hi-Tech Developments for the Military and Civilian Sectors
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2024/08/c ... stant.html

I'm seeing more Cybertruncks in the wild including at least one with a SpaceX logo on it. I think it's the ugliest vesicle of all time.

World's first Tesla Cybertruck patrol vehicle unveiled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXUwbsE5jmc&t=2s

August 16, 2024 by Brian Wang

Archimedes Defense, a recognized leader in high-power solutions for government and defense applications, has partnered with Unplugged Performance and its specialized fleet division, UP.FIT, to develop STING.

For those facing extreme threats, STING APC is the ultimate defense upgrade, offering enhanced IED/mine protection and upgraded bolt-on, bolt-off external offset steel and ceramic armor plating, meticulously designed to protect against 14.5mm heavy machine gun rounds from key azimuths.
advertisement

This level of protection is critical for military and defense operations where threats are not only present but imminent and severe. Additionally, the optional genset enables long-endurance missions, ensuring that your vehicle remains operational for extended periods without the need for external power sources.

Designed for moderate threat environments, STING Protector builds upon the UP INVINCIBLE® off-road package by adding bolt-on, bolt-off external offset steel armor plating. This advanced armor is specifically designed to withstand 7.62mm assault rifle rounds, providing critical protection from key azimuths during engagements.

Whether you’re a private individual, a corporate entity, or a government agency operating in areas where security concerns are present but not extreme, STING Protector offers the peace of mind you need. It’s available with or without the genset, allowing you to tailor the package to your specific operational needs.

UP.FIT was already modifying cybertrucks for police departments.

50 Caliber versus 14.5 MM Machine guns

The comparison between a .50 caliber (12.7mm) machine gun and a 14.5mm heavy machine gun involves several factors including bullet size, muzzle velocity, range, penetration, and practical application:

1. Caliber Size:

.50 Cal (12.7mm): The standard NATO round is the 12.7×99mm NATO, commonly known as the .50 BMG.
14.5mm: This is larger in diameter, typically used in the Soviet/Russian 14.5×114mm round.

2. Muzzle Velocity and Energy:

.50 Cal: The .50 BMG can achieve muzzle velocities around 850-900 m/s, depending on the specific round. The energy at the muzzle can be around 15,000 joules for standard rounds.
14.5mm: The 14.5×114mm has a lower muzzle velocity, typically around 700-800 m/s, but due to the larger bullet, it can deliver more energy, often around 20,000 joules or more, especially with armor-piercing rounds.

3. Range and Accuracy:

.50 Cal: Known for its long-range capability, effective up to 2,000 meters or more for anti-material roles, with accuracy being a strong suit due to its ballistic coefficient.
14.5mm: While also effective at long ranges, it’s primarily designed for anti-materiel and anti-personnel roles at distances up to 1,500 meters. Its accuracy can be slightly less due to the heavier bullet and lower velocity.

4. Penetration:

.50 Cal: Excellent armor-piercing capabilities, used against light armored vehicles, structures, and even some types of light tanks with specialized rounds.
14.5mm: Designed with superior armor penetration in mind, often used against light armor, helicopters, and fortifications. Its larger bullet size and higher energy give it an edge in raw penetration power against certain targets.

5. Practical Use:

.50 Cal: Widely used in various roles, from infantry support to vehicle-mounted systems, and even in anti-aircraft roles. Its versatility makes it a staple in many military forces.
14.5mm: Less common but used in specific roles where greater penetration is needed. It’s often seen in heavy machine gun roles on vehicles or in fixed positions due to its weight and recoil.

6. Recoil and Handling

.50 Cal: Manageable with proper mounts, but still significant.
14.5mm: Generally has more recoil due to the larger round, making it less portable and more suited for vehicle or heavy tripod mounts.

14.5 MM Has More Power Than a 50 cal Gun

The .50 Cal offers a balance of range, accuracy, and versatility, making it suitable for a wide array of military applications.
The 14.5mm excels in raw power and penetration, particularly against armored targets, but at the cost of slightly less range and more recoil, making it specialized for certain combat scenarios.

.50 Cal is more universally adopted due to its balance of power and practicality, while the 14.5mm is chosen for its superior stopping power against heavily armored or fortified targets.

Brian Wang

Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.

Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.

A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.

Johnnie Lyle

Re: Custom Up-Armored Tesla Cybertruck is Heavy Machine Gun Resistant

Post by Johnnie Lyle »

I’ve seen a few rolling around. They have a very specific overly streamlined aesthetic that is completely different from the usual styling of a pickup truck.

I’d say they’re not so much ugly as blah and underwhelming. Think ZUMWALT, not FUSO.
gtg947h

Post by gtg947h »

Yeah, they actually don't seem as ugly in person. Lots of really interesting technology under the skin, but with a pretty dorky exterior. My son is obsessed with them though and declared he's going to buy one when he turns 16 (8 years from now) and wrap it in gold. We'll see about that :lol:

Honestly what I'd rather have would be a Ford Maverick body and interior with Tesla battery, drivetrain, and software...
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

gtg947h wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:27 pm Yeah, they actually don't seem as ugly in person. Lots of really interesting technology under the skin, but with a pretty dorky exterior. My son is obsessed with them though and declared he's going to buy one when he turns 16 (8 years from now) and wrap it in gold. We'll see about that :lol:

Honestly what I'd rather have would be a Ford Maverick body and interior with Tesla battery, drivetrain, and software...
You can use Telsa under a Land Rover https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/09/no ... owertrain/, so Maverick should be doable.
Nathan45

Post by Nathan45 »

I'd love a circa 2016 mustang shell over a model Y power train. (Model s with air suspension if I had more money)
Nathan45

Post by Nathan45 »

This looks like a pimped out cyberpunk.

https://x.com/CL4WS_OUT/status/1825275102436659215
brovane

Post by brovane »

Apparently it is all about the wrap.
AA1ohbyD.jpg
CT_Pride.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Johnnie Lyle

Post by Johnnie Lyle »

I saw one in all black at the 4th of July.

Again, if you’re into that vibe, it works. But it’s 100% a luxury good.
brovane

Post by brovane »

Johnnie Lyle wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:06 am I saw one in all black at the 4th of July.

Again, if you’re into that vibe, it works. But it’s 100% a luxury good.
This guy went all black, new wheels and custom red leather interior. I mean it looks good but I would never spend money on something like that.

https://youtu.be/_NT6QIRz4S0?si=reW_2g680V3kZnxI
kdahm

Post by kdahm »

Like the Nissan Cube, the Cybertruck is so ugly, it simply repels the bullets.
Belushi TD

Post by Belushi TD »

It doesn't matter WHAT you wrap it in, its still ugly as sin....

There's one in my town. Its parked right outside one of the local nail salons. As far as I can tell, its a little old white haired lady who drives it. I look at this as confirmation that the nail salon is a mob front.

Belushi TD
Jotun

Post by Jotun »

Not only is the damn thing as ugly as the face of my mother in law after a pub crawl, the damn thing is dangerous. Its hull even when unarmored is so strong and rigid that every automobile short of a full-blown hauler truck is simply going to get accordioned in a collision, very possibly killing the passenger. You also don't want to hit anything solid and immobile with it. Since it has no crunch zone, have fun with inertia. The passengers are going to be injured a lot more than in a car with a proper crumple zone.

It is a truck for sociopaths by a sociopath. Children excluded, they simply don't know any better.