General Discussion Thread

Long and short stories from the 1984 movie
Poohbah

Re: General Discussion Thread

Post by Poohbah »

Wolfman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:00 pm
jemhouston wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:55 pm
Wolfman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:35 pm Good grief, Poohbah. You and Roberta can’t even go to the store without something happening…
In a previous life one or both asked, "Dear Lord please don't make my next life as boring as this one." The Good Lord took it as a challenge. :lol:
He didn’t just take it as a challenge, He told the closest archangel to hold His beer…
(Closest archangel sighs, quietly assigns each of us two of his best guardian angels apiece.)
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Poohbah wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:51 pm
Wolfman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:00 pm
jemhouston wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:55 pm

In a previous life one or both asked, "Dear Lord please don't make my next life as boring as this one." The Good Lord took it as a challenge. :lol:
He didn’t just take it as a challenge, He told the closest archangel to hold His beer…
(Closest archangel sighs, quietly assigns each of us two of his best guardian angels apiece.)
Gonna need more than that…
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Update: wife flipped like a pancake. Apparently, she was dealing, and she named everyone in her upline, THEY proceeded to squeal, and mass arrests ensued.

The result is that there is now a f***ing gang war across western Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, spilling over into Eastern Los Angeles County and most of Orange County.

I swear to God, people in Moreno Valley will watch gunfights all damn day and even place bets on them at offshore gaming sites, but someone sets off a truck bomb outside the Devil's Diciples' preferred titty bar, and everyone loses their f***ing minds!
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

May you live in interesting times.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

jemhouston wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:52 am May you live in interesting times.
Poohbah’s been living in interesting times since just before World War III…

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

Poohbah wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:32 am Update: wife flipped like a pancake. Apparently, she was dealing, and she named everyone in her upline, THEY proceeded to squeal, and mass arrests ensued.

The result is that there is now a f***ing gang war across western Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, spilling over into Eastern Los Angeles County and most of Orange County.

I swear to God, people in Moreno Valley will watch gunfights all damn day and even place bets on them at offshore gaming sites, but someone sets off a truck bomb outside the Devil's Diciples' preferred titty bar, and everyone loses their f***ing minds!
You know, watching who is winning on those sites more than normal, it would be interesting to see why. Maybe a competitor who has inside knowledge?
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Poohbah wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:32 am Update: wife flipped like a pancake. Apparently, she was dealing, and she named everyone in her upline, THEY proceeded to squeal, and mass arrests ensued.

I’m pretty sure that you’re not referring to VF-301…

Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Wolfman wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:49 pm

I’m pretty sure that you’re not referring to VF-301…
Motorcycle gang. The misspelling came about when the founders had patches made in Mexico, the manufacturer misspelled "disciples," and it stuck.
Lordroel

Post by Lordroel »

So i heard major general William Anders died, i know him from the famous Apollo 8 picture of Earth, but what did he do during the war.
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

Lordroel wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:14 pm So i heard major general William Anders died, i know him from the famous Apollo 8 picture of Earth, but what did he do during the war.
At war's start, he was with Textron as executive vice president for aerospace. He spent most of war at Textron, but he was recalled to colors a few times for specific projects. Most of which are still classified. He was in Huntsville in uniform at least twice during the war. Doing what I can't find out.
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

jemhouston wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:25 pm
Lordroel wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:14 pm So i heard major general William Anders died, i know him from the famous Apollo 8 picture of Earth, but what did he do during the war.
At war's start, he was with Textron as executive vice president for aerospace. He spent most of war at Textron, but he was recalled to colors a few times for specific projects. Most of which are still classified. He was in Huntsville in uniform at least twice during the war. Doing what I can't find out.
Ah, a member of species Sciuridae Secretus.
jemhouston

Post by jemhouston »

Don't know, I was species fungus tenebrosus.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

:lol: :lol: :lol: