The ALA: Uniforms, Weapons, Vehicles

Long and short stories from the 1984 movie
Torten

Re: The ALA: Uniforms, Weapons, Vehicles

Post by Torten »

Poohbah wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:31 am
Eaglenine2 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:28 am Wasn't there a show brigade or something?
27th Motor Rifle Regiment. They were supposed to be the lead unit at the planned linkup with Group Soviet Forces Canada at Lake Sacajawea.

Instead, they massacred the population of Muleshoe, Texas.
Didn't that Regiment have a armoured battalion made up of captured M48 tanks? I've seen a clearly staged picture of Gus Hall providing 'revolutionary guidance' to a crew of ALA tankers.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Eaglenine2 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:28 am Wasn't there a show brigade or something?
27th Motor Rifle Regiment. They were supposed to be the lead unit at the planned linkup with Group Soviet Forces Canada at Lake Sacajawea.

And payed the price for their actions.
“For a brick, he flew pretty good!” Sgt. Major A.J. Johnson, Halo 2

To err is human; to forgive is not SAC policy.

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Torten wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:31 pm

Didn't that Regiment have a armoured battalion made up of captured M48 tanks? I've seen a clearly staged picture of Gus Hall providing 'revolutionary guidance' to a crew of ALA tankers.
Nope. The 27th was built out to Category B standard, with Soviet equipment.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Lot of good that did them when your bunch caught up with them, right, Poohbah?

“This is Raven 2-5. This is my sandbox. You will not drop, acknowledge.” David Flanagan, former Raven FAC
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

Wolfman wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:24 pm Lot of good that did them when your bunch caught up with them, right, Poohbah?
Vengeance was the Lord's, but we were quite content to serve as His collections department.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Poohbah wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:01 pm
Wolfman wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:24 pm Lot of good that did them when your bunch caught up with them, right, Poohbah?
Vengeance was the Lord's, but we were quite content to serve as His collections department.
AMEN!

clancyphile

Post by clancyphile »

I believe some estates of the command staff are still paying off the fines for the convictions under the Clean Air Act...
Poohbah

Post by Poohbah »

clancyphile wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:15 pm
I believe some estates of the command staff are still paying off the fines for the convictions under the Clean Air Act...
Those T-34s sure generate a lot of noxious emissions when they brew up...
clancyphile

Post by clancyphile »

Poohbah wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:23 pm
clancyphile wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:15 pm I believe some estates of the command staff are still paying off the fines for the convictions under the Clean Air Act...
My understanding was the vehicles didn't have EPA paperwork, either. Nothing on fuel economy, emissions released, etc...
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

clancyphile wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:36 pm
clancyphile wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:15 pm I believe some estates of the command staff are still paying off the fines for the convictions under the Clean Air Act...
My understanding was the vehicles didn't have EPA paperwork, either. Nothing on fuel economy, emissions released, etc...
Communists… what more can I say on the subject?

TheMann

Post by TheMann »

Wolfman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:15 pm
clancyphile wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:36 pm

Communists… what more can I say on the subject?
That they didn't know shit about how to make or maintain armored vehicles? I mean, even we figured out that loud, smoky armored vehicles are a lot easier to hit with unguided weapons, and the elite troops certainly did a better job of maintaining their vehicles....